Pearled Barley with Vegetables
Pearl barley is plump, moist, savoury, and healthy—not to mention delicious!
Serves: 5-6 | Estimated Time: 40-45 min
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- sea salt
- Sauté celery and onion in olive oil. Add pearl barley and cook until light brown.
- Pour the mix into a pot. Add water, bouillon and half the chopped parsley.
- Stir well. Cover and cook in oven at 350ºF for 30 to 40 minutes or until the
- barley is tender.
- Salt to taste and serve.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley.