Mussel and Bean Salad
A protein-packed meal featuring two staples of the Mediterranean.
Serves: 5-6 | Estimated Time: 25-30 min
- 2 cans CLIC white kidney beans, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 1 kg mussels
- 1 cup white wine (preferably sauvignon)
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cooking sherry
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Rashaya olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- Wash mussels thoroughly, trimming as necessary. Combine in a pot with sherry, shallots, garlic and thyme.
- On high heat, cook uncovered until mussels. Remove and shell mussels. Strain cooking broth and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix mussels, beans, onions, and tomatoes.
- Bring cooking juice back to a boil and let it reduce until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Set aside to cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients and cooking broth in a separate bowl.
- Gently incorporate the sauce to the salad. Refrigerate half an hour before serving for best taste.
- Try this excellent combination: Mix the reduced mussel juice with one cup of mayonnaise, one pinch of curry and a little a bit of CLIC lemon juice. Bon appetit!