Black Bean Brownies – Gluten Free
Dessert doesn’t have to be the least healthy part of the meal! These black bean brownies are a delicious and chocolatey way to add fibre and protein to your diet—and cut some of the guilt.
Serves: 10-12 | Estimated Time: 20-35 min
- 1 can (540 mL ) of CLIC Black Turtle Beans *rinsed and drained*
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of table salt
- 3/4 cup of raw sugar
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 tbsp on instant coffee *optional*
- 1 tbsp of xantham gum *optional*
- Pre-cooking CLIC Black Turtle Beans : Soak beans overnight in a large bowl containing 1 tbsp of salt and enough water to cover beans completely. Drain and rinse beans thoroughly. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 to 75 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a food processor, combine beans and oil. Add eggs and combine until mixture is smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients, leaving out the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl. With a spatula, mix in half of the chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish, and pour in mixture. *try using coconut oil for better results*
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Put in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick into the centre of the brownies. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, and let cool for a hour before serving.