Festive Couscous Salad
This couscous salad recipe is so easy and an attractive dish to add to your festive table. It is great as a side or even as a main for another night.
Serves: 6-8 as a side dish | Estimated Time: 20-25 min
- 2 cups CLIC plain couscous
- 1 cup CLIC Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- ¼ cup cilantro (coriander), chopped
- Add two cups of boiling water to the two cups of couscous in a bowl. Add one tablespoon olive oil, salt, raisins and spices. Stir to mix.
- Cover and leave until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove lid, fluff the couscous with a fork, add prepared chickpeas, and remaining ingredients.
- Reserving some for garnish, stir in pomegranate seeds and cilantro (coriander)
Pre-cooking dry CLIC Chickpeas: Soak chickpeas overnight in a large bowl containing 1 tbsp of salt and enough water to cover chickpeas completely. Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly. Place chickpeas in a large saucepan and add 3 to 4 cups (750 mL to 1 L) water per 1 cup of chickpeas. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 to 75 minutes or until tender. Drain