Three Bean Chili
Featuring three of CLIC’s famous beans, this chili will wow you!
Serves: 6-8| Estimated Time: 20-25 min
- 1 can (19 oz) navy beans, drained
- 1 can (19 oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (19 oz) romano beans, drained
- 10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced onions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 green peppers
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 8 diced italian tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 diced eggplant
- 2 to 3 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp cheddar cheese
- Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and sauté onions, peppers, garlic and
- green peppers. Add the tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes, then add the tomato
- paste, the cumin, the chili powder and the beans. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 6 tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté eggplants until golden. Drain and add to the chili.
- Heat everything and serve in a deep plate. Serve with sour cream and/or grated cheese.