Sautéd Navy Beans
A quick and easy side-dish that complements almost anything.
Serves: 3-4 | Estimated Time: 10-12 min
- 1 can CLIC navy beans
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 branch parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook garlic, carrot, and shallot in a small amount of butter. Add the beans and heat. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with grilled red meat and salad of your choice.
*For dried beans:
- Measure 1/2 cup of dry beans and soak in 2 cups of cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Drain, mix in 2 cups of fresh water and boil on medium heat for 40-50 minutes until the beans became soft.
- Add to the cooked vegetables with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.