Roasted Tomato and Black Eyed Bean Salad
Elegant, flavourful and easy to make, this salad is an excellent accompaniment for pasta.
Serves: 4-5 | Estimated Time: 15-20 min
- 500 g (approx. 6 tomatoes) Rosa tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 4 cups cooked black eyed beans
- 5 spring onions (scallion), finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes and olive oil on a large baking tray. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss. Roast in a preheated 220°C (425°F) oven for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes have softened. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the black eyed beans, spring onions, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and red chilli. Add the roasted tomatoes and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and serve at room temperature.
Pre-cooking dry CLIC Black Eye Beans: Soak beans overnight in a large bowl containing 1 tbsp of salt and enough water to cover beans completely. Drain and rinse beans thoroughly. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 to 75 minutes or until tender. Drain.