Delicious and addictive, these little lentil burgers will disappear quickly at your next luncheon or game night.
Serves: 3-4 | Estimated Time: 40-45 min
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground coriander
- 2 cups canned or cooked CLIC brown lentils
- 50 g Potato flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mini hamburger buns or gluten-free buns
- Grilled eggplant slices
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Crispy onions
- Sunflower seeds
- Micro herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the cumin and coriander and cook for a further minute, then remove from the heat. Place the onion mixture, cooked lentils and potato flour in a bowl and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Use a fork to break the lentil mix down into a coarse mixture. Divide into 8 small portions and shape into patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Place on the lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp.
- Place a slice of cooked eggplant onto a mini burger bun, followed by a dollop of tzatziki sauce, a Lentil pattie, crispy onion and sunflower seeds and top with micro herbs.
Pre-cooking dry CLIC Lentils : Rinse lentils and drain thoroughly. Place lentils in a large saucepan and cover with 3 cups (750 mL) water per 1 cup lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.