Welcome to the world of delicious hummus at home!
Serves: 4-5 | Estimated Time: 10 min
- 2 cups (540 mL) cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 1-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pre-cooking Chickpeas: Soak chickpeas overnight in a large bowl containing 1 tbsp of salt and enough water to cover chickpeas completely. Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly.Place chickpeas in a large saucepan and add 3 to 4 cups (750 mL to 1 L) water per 1 cup of chickpeas. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for
60 to 75 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Put the drained chickpeas in a blender. Mix slightly by adding a little of the cooking water.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt, and continue to mix for 3-5 minutes incorporating olive oil gradually until smooth and creamy.