Fusilli Pasta with Spinach and Kidney Beans
Delicious filling pasta for any day of the week.
Serves: 3-4 | Estimated Time: 15-20 min
- 450 g Fusilli pasta
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned or pre-cooked White Kidney Beans
- 200 g (1 cup) spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fusilli pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic until browned.
- Add Spinach, and kidneys beans, and continue to sauté for 2 minutes until spinach is cooked.
- Add vegetable broth and cook until absorbed by spinach.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to mixture and serve.
Pre-cooking CLIC White Kidney Beans : Soak beans overnight in a large bowl containing 1 tbsp of salt and enough water to cover beans completely. Drain and rinse beans thoroughly. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 to 75 minutes or until tender. Drain.